Our colleagues in the local blogosphere have been busy posting about life in the San Gabriels after the Station Fire. Here are a few reports worth checking out. And yes, that is ash that’s covering your car and your patio furniture — the dry and dreaded Santa Ana conditions are redistributing the white stuff all over town.
1. Our friend Petrea, the photographer and writer behind the wonderful Pasadena Daily Photo, had an up close and personal encounter with some damn fine firefighters, and she’s got the photos to prove it.
2. The Mt. Wilson Toll Road Informer has a report, with photos, about the reopening of the Mt. Wilson Toll Road, which after five years of delays became an urgent priority for firefighters.
3. Altadenablog posts about a dog that went missing near the Sam Merrill Trail just before the fires started. Take a look and keep your eyes out.
4. Here’s a good Google map of the Station Fire burn area.
5. The Pasadena Star-News explores what’s likely to happen in the burn zones when the winter rains come.