A shift in interior design color trends is on the horizon. The popular Terracotta color palette, known for its warm hues and artisanal feel, is expected to fade by 2024. This Mediterranean-influenced trend, synonymous with a “bohemian chic” aesthetic, has been a hit in all seasons in recent years. But new predictions indicate a move towards fresher, bolder colors.
Predictions for 2024 Color Trends
The Terracotta trend is anticipated to lose its ground by 2024. Industry insiders predict a shift towards more vibrant and daring colors. Interestingly, Pantone's Color of the Year 2024 is “Peach Fuzz”. This light and bright apricot shade is indicative of the expected trends for the year.
Suggested Replacement Colors for 2024
Design enthusiasts seeking a refreshing change from Terracotta can consider the following alternatives:
- Olive green: This color is gaining traction as a natural color trend for 2024.
- Icy blue: Several paint brands have selected this light, frosty blue as their 2024 color of the year.
- Klein blue: This dramatic color is becoming increasingly popular in high-end interiors.
- Linen: An elegant and timeless color, Linen sits at the intersection of white, beige, and brown.
- Peach: In line with Pantone's prediction, this soft and optimistic color creates a “good vibes” interior.
The upcoming shift in color trends will move us away from the Terracotta palette, taking us towards brighter, more audacious shades. With a variety of colors ready to take its place, 2024 promises to be a year full of fresh and exciting interior design possibilities.