Stepping Out of Style
Trends come and go, and some of our beloved home decor staples are on their way out.
- Scandinavian style: Once all the rage, this look is now considered too clean and polished, and is losing its appeal. So, it might be time to say goodbye to the Nordic touches.
- Jungle decor: The fad of indoor plants, exotic wallpapers, and lush vegetation is also falling out of favor. The lush, tropical vibe no longer resonates as much with the modern homeowner.
- Bohemian-chic style: This cluttered, carefree aesthetic is increasingly seen as more mess than chic. It's time to seek a more refined and less chaotic look.
The Fading Hues of 2024
As we bid farewell to some design trends, we also say goodbye to these once trendy colors.
- Powdered pink: This pastel hue is on its way out. Make room for shades with more vitality and vibrance.
- Gray: While it's been a contemporary favorite, gray is predicted to lose its popularity in 2024.
- Duck blue: This color, a favorite among vintage enthusiasts, is losing its appeal.
- Lacquered red: This vibrant shade is seen as too imposing for the modern home and is set to fade into the background.
What’s Trending in 2024
With old trends fading, it's time to embrace the new. Here's what you can expect to see more of in 2024.
- Orange: This color is still a hot pick, adding a 70's flare to any space. Don't be afraid to go bold with this vibrant hue.
- Peach Fuzz: The Pantone color of 2024 is a warm, inviting shade of peach. It's a game changer for creating a cozy and stylish atmosphere.
- Maximalism: In a shift from minimalism, organized disorder is set to become trendy. Don't be afraid to mix patterns, textures, and styles.
- Craftsmanship focus: Art Deco and The Great Gatsby inspired styles are making way for a focus on craftsmanship. Embrace the charm of handmade and artisanal pieces in your home decor.