In 1881 the land for this cemetery was purchased, and the first customer arrived in 1884, a Civil War vet who had recently moved to town. This is a lovely, shady, raised burial park with fortified walls and a wrought-iron railing. It also has a new memorial “shed” with touch- screen information on the residents. The curving paths connect the cemetery’s 2.5 acres with Sierra Madre’s community park, creating a nice flow from this world to the next and back again.
553 Sierra Madre Blvd., Sierra Madre