1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon chives, minced
1/4 apple, minced
1/2 celery stalk, minced
1 garlic clove, minced, sautéed
2 tablespoons onion, minced, sautéed
1 tablespoon parsley, minced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 pound regular lump crab meat
Breadcrumbs, as needed
1 egg, beaten (keep in a bowl to the side)
3 ounces panko breadcrumbs (keep in a bowl to the side)
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except crab meat and breadcrumbs.
2. Drain crab meat and be sure to remove any pieces of shell. Add crab meat to bowl and mix
thoroughly. If too wet, mix in breadcrumbs a little at a time to help bind cakes together.
3. Mold into 2 ounce cakes and place on a sheet tray.
4. In a bowl, beat/whisk one egg. In another bowl, place panko breadcrumbs.
5. Dip each cake in egg and then in breadcrumbs to coat and shape the cakes.
6. In sauté pan, add vegetable oil and heat to medium. Add cakes and pan fry on medium until
golden brown on both sides.
Serve immediately with sauce.
Lemon Caper Sauce:
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cups mayonnaise
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 lemon, juice and zest
1 dash Tabasco
1 tablespoon capers, chopped
1 scallion, chopped thinly
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Store in refrigerator.
The Market on Holly
57 E. Holly St., Pasadena 91103
Handsome Roasters Brewing Class
Brewing class with Michael Phillips, 2010 World Barista Champion &
Erik Christensen of Handsome Brewers
Saturday, April 6th
2 p.m. class focuses on the V-60 pour-over brew method
3 p.m. class focuses on the AeroPress brew method
Class time: 45 minutes
Cost: $25 per person, includes a 12 ounce bag of Handsome Coffee
Space is limited; RSVP to Ryan@TheMarketOnHolly.com