Submitted by the 2012 Echo Park Community Parade Committee
The Echo Park Community Parade Committee would like to thank the schools, organizations, elected officials, businesses and Santa Claus for making last year’s parade a tremendous success and we hope you will join us this year.The Echo Park Community Parade is an ideal event for this historic community and surrounding neighborhoods to observe a day of great celebration. We are pleased to announce this year’s parade schedule:
Date: Saturday, December 8th, 2012
Time: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. ( new starting time )
Route: Sunset Blvd. (between Elysian Park Ave. & Park Ave.)
The following regulations are for the common courtesy, respect and consideration of others, and are necessary to ensure a successful and enjoyable parade for all.
- Entries will be allowed to perform a 2-minute routine (maximum). Additional information will be sent approximately a month prior to December 8th.
- All participation is strictly voluntary.
- Printed materials and items will not be tossed from the parade route. Public safety is paramount. Violators may be excluded from participating in future parades.
- Megaphones or personal amplifying devices (except for performance music) are not allowed.
- The final parade lineup is thoroughly discussed and meticulously assembled by the parade committee. Unfortunately, there can be no changes.
- Remember: This is a family event - please dress participants appropriately.
Attached is an entry application for your organization that must be returned no later than Friday, September 28, 2012. If you have any questions please contact Robert Aguayo, Parade Entry Coordinator, by telephone (213-483-6335 x 101) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Entries may be faxed (213-483-5523) or mailed (Echo Park Parade Committee, c/o 1157 Lemoyne Street, Los Angeles, Ca., 90026.)
We hope you will participate in this year’s parade, and I look forward to receiving your entry application.
Parade Entry Coordinator
2012 Echo Park Community Parade
Read the Full Story at Eastsider LA