“She’s a kick,” says a reputable Hometown Pasadena source. “I once had her do a wine tasting for ____’s birthday. We asked her to bring wine that would go with spicy food (Thai and Indian), the hottest we could find, and she brought lots of great white wine and champagne. The whole event was great.”
The “she” of whom we speak is Elizabeth Schweitzer, the 8th woman in the world to receive the Master Sommelier title. She holds one of only 129 MS titles in North America, 18 of which were bestowed upon women. She was also voted “Best Sommelier in California” by the California Restaurant Writers Association.
On Sunday, January 27th, Schweitzer presents “Vive la France!” wine tasting. As every region of France produces wine and the country’s wines have “set the precedent for winemakers everywhere,” the 2-hour class is meant to aid in the understanding of the different regions and the wines they produce, as well as and improving one’s “tasting abilities (sensory evaluation) in a relaxed and friendly environment.”
Besides the divine grape, the class will include French bread, (bien sûr!), instruction, hand-outs, and “fun and friendship.” Wine lovers from beginners to experts are welcome.
Her website shares some of her wisdom and wit:
Chardonnay is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions. You will notice the benefits of Chardonnay almost immediately; with a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may make you think you are whispering when you are not.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may cause you to think you can sing.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Now Just Imagine What You Could Achieve With a Good Dry Red!!!
Tickets for Schweitzer’s next wine tasting class are on sale now.
Vive la France Wine Tasting
Sunday, Jan. 27th, 1-3 p.m.
California Wine & Cheese
115 W. Foothill Blvd., Monrovia 91016
For more info, visit the website (below), call 626.385.6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Make reservations at winewisdomandwit.com