You don’t have to be a senior citizen to attend free, family-friendly concerts this summer at Pasadena’s Memorial Park bandshell every Tuesday evening, 6-7 p.m., sponsored by the Pasadena Senior Center.
* July 2 – Janet Klein and Her Parlor Boys offer a nostalgic musical journey back to the 1900 to 1930 era.
* July 9 – Mariachi Bella features the iconic mariachi music everyone loves, performed by an all-female troupe.
* July 16 – The Salty Suites present a blend of toe-tapping Americana, bluegrass and folk music.
* July 23 – Tumbleweed Rob and the Southwest Junction performs traditional western cowboy music with a country twist.
* July 30 – Pasadena Summer Youth Chamber Orchestra performs historic and contemporary classical music.
* Aug. 6 – The Folk Collection presents Americana music at its best, with songs made famous by Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan and other greats.
* Aug. 13 – The Perfect Gentlemen combine a cappella harmonies with humor to keep the tradition of Vaudeville alive.
* Aug. 20 – Lisa Haley and the Zydekats is a Grammy Award-winning group that performs lively Cajun Zydeco music.
* Aug. 27 – The Rock Bottom Boys present rock and roll hits of the ‘60s and ‘70s with a fun, hillbilly twist.
* Sept. 3 – The Great American Swing Band will round out the summer concert series with the sounds of Big Band, standards, swing, rhythm and blues, jazz and Dixieland.
Bring a picnic or purchase food at the BBQ snack bar.
Concert in the Park 2013
June 25th-September 3rd, 6-7 p.m.
Memorial Park Bandshell, Levitt Pavilion
Raymond Ave., between Walnut and Holly Streets, Pasadena
For more info, visit PasadenaSeniorCenter.org or call 626.795.4331