Organist Timothy Howard will be giving a free “eclectic recital of music from five centuries” on Saturday, March 15th, at Pasadena Presbyterian Church. He will be assisted by guest artists Meaghan King and Judith Paskowitz in music by J.S. Bach, Marcel Dupré, Paul Halley, William Mathia, Giacomo Puccini, and Louis Vierne.
But not only is Timothy Howard an organist, he also…
- Directs PPC’s 55-voice Kirk Choir
- Is Artistic Director of the Friends of Music Concert Series
- Produces and Conducts major presentations such as Benjamin Britten’s The Company of Heaven
- Is “Dr.” Howard, having earned a Doctor of Musical Arts degree at USC
- Is Lecturer in Music at Cal State Northridge
- Heads CSN’s organ program
- Conducts CSN’s Wind Symphony and Women’s Chorale
- Oh yes, and holds degrees from Westminster Choir College and Biola University
Howard’s organ recital is free, as is parking, the Sanctuary is handicap-accessible, and a reception will follow the program.
The Orange County Register has called Howard’s work “precision-cut” and filled with “superb grace and élan.”
Eclectic Recital with Organist Timothy Howard
Saturday, March 15th, 7:30 p.m.
Pasadena Presbyterian Church, 585 E. Colorado Blvd., at the corner of Madison Ave.