Developers are busy across Echo Park constructing and preparing to build new homes and other projects. But there’s even more projects in the pipeline. Tonight, June 11, several projects, including new housing on Sunset Boulevard and a new high school on Beverly Boulevard, are scheduled to be presented before the Echo Park neighborhood council’s Planning and Land Use Committee.
Here are some selected agenda items:
- The committee will discuss opposing the Barlow Respiratory Hospital 888-unit development and master plan, as detailed in current proposals. The planning and land use group will also reconsider a previous recommendation that the city dismiss Barlow’s Environmental Impact Report.
- The committee will host a presentation on a multi-family development between the 1100 and 1200 block of Sunset and the 900 block of Everett St.
- A proposed 44-unit apartment project at 2417 Beverly Boulevard will undergo debate.
- The committee will also see a presentation by a charter school company seeking permit and zoning approval for a high school campus wedged between Beverly Boulevard and Rockwood. Right now the school leases space from the public Belmont Senior High School.
- Senor Fish’s request for a permit to sell a full line of alcoholic beverages and reduce parking spaces may evoke opposition from the council, following a debate.
The Planning and Land Use Committee is scheduled to meet tonight, June 11, at 7 p.m. in the auditorium of Logan Elementary School, 1711 Montana Street. Click here for a full agenda.
Tony Cella is a freelance reporter who has covered crime and grime in Los Angeles, New York City and the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska. Click here to contact Cella with questions, comments or concerns.
Read the Full Story at Eastsider LA